Wednesday 6 July 2011

Strange week

This is really a strange week, the sort that comes around only a few times in a year.  It's been all beginnings and endings, and virtually no middle.  On Monday I had my van serviced, and spent all the morning and most of the afternoon at home, catching up on all sorts of admin that hadn't been attended to lately.  Once the van was finished I got to the office too late to do any actual work, so the week proper didn't begin until Tuesday.

Tuesday itself was a good day, despite having what felt like a long wait in the middle (although it was actually only about three hours)  I had an early pick-up for my first job, and then after that wait, a longer job with a late finish, but after getting a meal on the way home, I was still home a little after 9.0pm, so had no real need to complain.

As a result, this morning I had what we call a standing start: in other words I turned up at the office and added my name to the many others who had already booked in for work.  I did a local job in the morning, and a couple of not-much-more-than-local jobs in the afternoon.  It was a less than full day, and I was home quite early, but for once I didn't worry, because this was the end of the working week for me - tomorrow I'm off on my holidays!  That's meant that this evening has been a time of tidying up loose ends, closing things down, and packing.  I'm glad I'm going in the van because, in addition to a suitcase, I have two other bags and three boxes of sundry 'stuff'.  I never was one to travel light; when I go away even the tiniest kitchen sink has to look out for itself!

I have a business appointment a few miles down the road in the morning, but once I get back from that I shall feel the freedom of the open road; I can load all my clutter into the van, pop it through the car wash, and be on my way.  There may well be a blog while I'm away though ... and it could be illustrated - that would be yet another beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Following a spate of spam comments, all comments on this blog are moderated. Only genuine comments on the content will be published or responded to.